Chris Hadfield Public SchoolMilton, Ontario 15 / 806 livres donnés
Nom du directeur ou de la directrice : Julie-Ann Baxter
In honour of Dave Letterman - Here are Chris Hadfield's Top 10 Reasons why we need books....
10) We need to update our collection, the majority of our collection is 10-20 years old.
9) We would like our collection to include more of a focus on First Nations, Metis and Inuit people. We have some resources but feel we need more.
8) With Curriculum changes we would like to have resources the reflect the new curriculum for each grade.
7) New Primary Core Program - we will need resources to support our new French program in the primary grades.
6) High usage - our library is one of the busiest with circulation for it's size. Our circulation numbers are similar to schools with populations much larger than ours (ie: 300 more students) so our books have a lot of wear and tear and need to be replaced.
5) Diversity - our school is very diverse. We would like the resources in our library to reflect our school population.
4) Gender Neutrality - we would like our library to have books that are not 'boy' books or 'girl books' but ones that anyone can choose.
3) Wide Range of Interest - we have students who are interested in a wide range of amazing things! We currently don't have enough books on the topics they are interested in. (ie: falcons, parrots, para-sailing, teen topics)
2) To be continued... we have a lot of books that are part of a series - we need the next book so we know what happens!!!
1) Student Voice - Student Choice - having access to more resources allows our students to choose resources for our library based on their needs and interests.
En appui à Chris Hadfield Public School
Profile Update Bonus
Way to go! Supporters across Canada put 5 books in your school library from our Facebook LIKE challenge.