École Central ElementaryFort St. John, Colombie-Britannique 396 / 300 livres donnés
Nom du directeur ou de la directrice : Broyden Bennett
One of life's great joys is to curl up with a good book in the Great White North and read. We want to help develop this love of literature through read & feeds, author visits, library themes and more. We imagine our kids being engrossed in current, exciting titles! Sadly, we have a really old selection of books (though we removed all the books that were older than 20 years old last year).
Please help us refurbish and revitalize our library, especially the French titles (though we are happy to add any books that inspire kids to read)!!!
Suggestions From Mr. Louis:
- Lucky Luke
- Spirou et Fantasie
- Léonard Génie
- Les Tuniques Bleues
- Johan et Pirlouit
Suggestions From Mme. Isabella
- La couleur des emotions by Anna Llenas ( or any book from Anna Llenas really, but this one is a jewel to talk about emotions and self-reg! I have the pop up version in my classroom)
- Any books from The collection De petite a Grande (publisher Courte Echelle) including Marie Curie, Amelia Earhart, Rosa Parks, Coco Chanel, Frida Kahlo).
- Great books to talk about the influence of women in society
-- Histoires du soir pour filles rebelles : 100 destins de femmes extraordinaires by Favilli, E. & Cavallo,F.
- Je suis riche! / Je suis heureux! by Delaunois, A.
- Toto veut la pomme by Lavoie, Mathieu
- Et dans ta tete a toi? By Marco, Jaume
- Parfois je suis un renard by Daniel, Danielle
- Les bonhommes de neige sont eternels by Dedieu, Thierry
- Quand nous aurons mange la planete by Serres, A.
- 24 heures dans le monde , by Mirza, Sandrine
- Le grand voyage de monsieur caca by Delaunois, Angele
- Le nouveau voyage de Monsieur caca by Delaunois, Angele
- Le voleur de poule by Rodriguez, Beatrice
- L'arbragan, by Golddstyn, Jacques
- Le Grand Antonio by Elise Gravel
- Moi, j'attends by Cali, Davide
- Imagine une ville by Hurst, Elise
- Justin et les malcommodes: l'aventure en foret T.1 by Dusseault, Sandra here (more books from that collection to be published eventually)
- Fais de beaux reves Cthulhu by Ciaramella, Jason ( Great way to introduce the work of Lovecraft to primary students)
- Collection Textos et cie by Guilbault, Genevieve
- Collection BFF by Guilbault, Genevieve
- Collection L'ecole des gars by Peyskens, Maryse
- Any biographies from the Raconte-moi collection
En appui à École Central Elementary
Profile Update Bonus
Way to go! Supporters across Canada put 5 books in your school library from our Facebook LIKE challenge.
My love of reading started when I was 4 years old. I still remember waiting for my dad to get home from work and tuck me into bed with a story. I now share this tradition with my children and have found that a simple 5 minute story has jump started a love of reading as well. They look forward ...
I am so excited to have our school be a part of this program! Central is such a great school and we so desperately need an updated library for our kids.
When I was a kid, I lived in poverty. We didn’t have much; sometimes we didn’t have hot water. Life could be really hard and it could have been depressing, but it wasn’t because we always had books (A girl can escape into the worlds created by books). I remember all 4 of us girls, curled ...
For myself - I think the most life-changing books were longer chapter books my mom read aloud to me before I could read (she did a chapter a night before bed starting when I was 3). I still have a clear memory of her reading Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the ...
At the start of this school year, Ecole Central Elementary changed from a dual track school to french immersion only. I believe one of the keys to success for both the school and the students is a library offering a wide selection of French books.
My sister works at this school and always shares wonderful stories about her brilliant and creative students. I'm supporting this school because I think every student should have access to great books so they can develop a life long love of reading.
Reading is important to me because it helps to expand my world. Reading is a way to see beyond our normal reality, and to see things in a different light. It allows us to escape into a different world where we can be anyone and do anything. Reading is a way to use our imagination like we never ...