Charles H. Hulse Public SchoolOttawa, Ontario 296 / 326 livres donnés
Nom du directeur ou de la directrice : Laurie Kavanagh
Many of our students are newly arrived in Canada. Over 80% are English Language Learners and receive additional help in reading. It is important that our students read independently. Time spent on independent reading predicts increases in reading ability. Many of the books in our school library are old and outdated. We would like to have more books that better reflect the topics our students want to, and can, read about.
We would like to have more:
▪ books of interest to 8-12 year olds who are just beginning to read in English
▪ books that reflect cultural diversity
▪ books that support learning of topics such as: maps and mapping, sequencing
▪ graphic novels such as Geronimo Stilton, Bone and Amulet
- Eyewitness Books
- Figure It Out! The Beginner's Guide to Drawing People. Any "How to Draw" books - especially books by Chris Hart.
- Barbie books - any and all Barbie books
- Pete the Cat books (Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses is a favorite)
- Splat the Cat books
- Books by Mo Willems (Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Don't let the Pigeon Stay Up Late, The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!)
- Scooby-Doo - any Scooby-Doo book
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid - any and all.
- Geronimo Stilton books
- Rainbow Magic fairy books
- Bone by Jeff Smith
- Big Nate books
En appui à Charles H. Hulse Public School
Profile Update Bonus
Way to go! Supporters across Canada put 5 books in your school library from our Facebook LIKE challenge.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax all you need is a book!
If a book is well written, I always find it too short - Jane Austen
“Turn to page 394.” S.Snape
On behalf of Peter Renahan. Thanks Pops!
On behalf of Tim Hoey. Much thanks T.