Ecole Entre-lacsPenticton, Colombie-Britannique 8 / 160 livres donnés
Nom du directeur ou de la directrice : Sylvain Larochelle
This year will bring lots of changes for our students as we settle into a new to us building. Our library now has its own room and it is nice, bright and big. We would love to fill it up with beautiful new books but our challenges are many.
* First off, we are a francophone school in an anglophone community, making it harder for our students to find french material to read outside of school; so we find it is even more important for our school library to have a big wide and up to date selection for our students. Finding the right book for a student is the way to motivate them to read and learn.
* Secondly, we are a K-8 school so we need a wide range of books for all of our students; we also house a preschool program (3-5 years old) as well as a francophone Strong Start (Franc Départ) program (0-5 years old) in our school.
* And last but not least, francophone books are more expensive then their anglophone counterparts. They also have less discounts and sales through the year making our yearly budget stretch thinner than in other schools around us.
For all those reasons, we would love to be a part of the Adopt-a-School project once again this year with Chapters Indigo. We were lucky enough to be a part of this amazing program a few years ago and were able to purchase some new books for our library and classrooms, but we are sadly still in need.
Thanks for helping us!
Our favorites are:
* Comic books !!! we like Les Légendaires et Garfield
* Harry Potter
* Les Savais-tu? et Connais-tu?
* Non fiction about Animals
* Non fiction about Science
En appui à Ecole Entre-lacs
Profile Update Bonus
Way to go! Supporters across Canada put 5 books in your school library from our Facebook LIKE challenge.